Thursday, March 16, 2017

Two Sleeps Until Our Silent Auction


Oh look at that collection of goodies all ready for our dinner and to be bid on! Those two little tables in the front are mine. They are rehabs. In fact the bigger one was quite a mess. Remember it?


My friend Tom carved a little something on the top & bottom for me to spice it up. Do you like it?





































I had to wax the top, since where he carved was down to bare wood. Had fun playing with a couple of wax colors on this, including some turquoise. I enhanced the colors so you can see it better, because this table is hard to take a photo of!





































It's a lot more subtle on the table, which is how it should be. I'm anxious to see how both do! Wish me luck! And a huge thanks to Tom! He's got talent!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow that little table looks wonderful.. you have really done a great job in making it look so pretty.. all the best with the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all goes well..... I'm sure someone will adore buying and taking your table home to love:) You've done a FANTASTIC upcycle job on it :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an individual piece of furniture! Someone is going to be lucky to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sold! omg... that carving... gorgeous... hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!