Sunday, June 5, 2016

Gold Fish in the 'Post: Memorandum Monday

I knew I was a bit late for a hair appointment down in Painted Post due to someone chatting my ear off on the way out of work, but I also knew that I was out of crickets. See, Madeline Moody eats live crickets, so one must keep a stock of those handy. Heaven forbid she miss a meal. She counts on her crickets in the am. Swung into the petshop and groaned a bit when I saw at least six little people clustered around the cash register. The dude who runs the place had out his lizards and everyone was having a good time.

I was pretty sure I would now be really late. I decided to stop worrying about it and to enjoy the situation. I soon understood that the tallest boy in the group was buying gold fish. He had a fist full of change and was carefully and methodically counting out $2.67 worth to pay for his new pets.

Just then Lisa handed me my container full of crickets and started ringing me up. I decided to make that boy's day and buy his fish. His eyes got round and he said WHY THANK YOU. I suggested that he and his gang buy ice cream on the way home with the now extra change and a girl in the group said...oh....we just came from there.

Tomorrow then I said, you can buy more ice cream. The pack of them left with their bags of gold fish and I was only three minutes late to my appointment. Turns out this was pretty much the highlight of my week. I haven't done a Random Act of Kindness in ages, unless you count giving away my cart at Aldi's.

Lexi said later that she still remembers the lady who gave her an entire pack of hubba bubba gum when she six at the Demolition Derby, so I suspect the boy with the fish might remember for a bit. I know I will.



All those GOLD fish musta bought ME luck because the next day at the ReStore, I got a bag of gold! And silver. Somebody cleaned out their stash of metallic trim and I scored! Loving that decorative glass & metal thing too. Not sure exactly what it is, but it screws apart so might be made into something else...

Anyhow, waving hello over to Sian who's blog is pure gold. You can find her at From High in the Sky where she collects us on Mondays for story telling, memories, and useful tid bits.

3 comments:

  1. Well....that's a great day! Two really.....what a haul! Karma was definitely smiling down on you! Maybe if I managed to someday get my hair cut I can also stop and see what treasures I can find....lol...I'm becoming a bit of a cave woman.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of you buying a random gold fish buyer. Maybe you could become a guerilla pet buyer, like guerilla gardening only less hard work and more instant gratification..

    Hope the rest of the week treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win win win all round, I'd say! Well done with your RAK.... I do so love hearing stories like this - & Hubba Bubble stories, too!!!! Hope Moody enjoyed her/his? Crickets..

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!