Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin Card for THE CUTTING CAFE

I am going to need to give you a LIST of THE CUTTING CAFE files I used on this card I made for my Dad. He just had a birthday, turning 45 (ok so a few years off from that) and I wanted to give him a cool fall card. I was going for the water color/cartoon look so a lot of this card was inked up & then spritzed. They of course have a red door at their house and the porch is usually loaded with pumpkins from the garden...

The base of the card is a printable file called Autumn Sentiment Frames. I just printed it on craft paper and glittered it up. Built the rest of it right on top!  Next up was a printable called Harvest Wreath Greetings and I choose to use the cutting file included to make the door. 

The pumpkins by Snoopy were colored with water color pencils and then glittered. They were in a printable file called Welcome Fall Printable Set. I have used this set OVER and OVER and OVER again! Love the leaves included with it!

And just to put you in the mood for THE GREAT PUMPKIN....

A little snippet from my childhood....




Happy Birthday Dad!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing! And so cool - Snoopy is such a cute detail! I bet your Dad loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is breathtaking and there is something so awesome about the pink on the card...love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hinged door card! Well, I never!!! Looks fabulous. Such a young Dad you have. My! You must've had your lot young [cackle.....grin.......choke on my weetbix!!] Do you HAVE weetbix??? Anyways, great card.....Snoopy is taking a long time to load for me. I might try again later:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!... this is awesome... love the look you got by spritzing it... I have to try that... and the glittery pumpkins are adorable... how I used to look forward to all of the holiday Charlie Brown specials...takes me way back

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved those pretty pink doors ! the whole scene with pumpkins and doggy looks very nice ,will bring a smile to Your Dad's face for sure !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card Mitra. I love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too adorable, Mitra. Love the addition of Snoopy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING card!! Never a pumpkin in sight here! Well very seldom we might see one for sale. Here it's all about gem squash & butternut. And NO signs of Fall either :(((( Your card is a textural delight & your dad must be one very proud pops to receive it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!