Monday, April 21, 2014

Enjoy 480 Card for THE CUTTING CAFE


THE MAN:  What are you doing?
Me:  Making a card for the new owners of this house!
THE MAN: We don't have a new owner yet...
Me:  Hey, I am a planner!

Yes, it's official. There is a sign out front of my house. As THE MAN likes to say, the Mothership has called and told us to come back.

Which makes us aliens? Nah, just kidding! Honestly aside from seriously missing this house, things do appear to be rolling right along for our move to Southern New York. More on that later. ;-)

I LOVE this cutting file from Regina and THE CUTTING CAFE. They are called Number Window Cards and the set includes 1-9! I made mine our house numbers...which is easy peasy in the Silhouette software.


I purposely left some of the excess paper around our house numbers because I wanted a shabby look to my card. I cut a plain piece of white card stock in my Silly after printing a photo of the house all lightened up.

Here is what I printed before cutting:


Obviously this is during SUMMER, since our grass is just starting to show signs of turning green!


The inside is tricked out with some patterned paper and you can see just the ends of an old rusty cotter pin sticking out from under the flower. My tie dye ribbon is tied to that and the cotter pin was found here. Likely on some piece of equipment that was farming this land at some point. I loved the rust and the orange ends.

Wish us luck on our sale and our move! With two project managers running the show, things typically go smoothly aside from the things you can plan. It's the stuff you can't plan for that is rough....missing neighbors, friends, and your old place because it was awesome!

Have a great Monday!




7 comments:

  1. Awwww....I'm going to miss you living here..now how WEIRD is that???!!!!! I feel like I've BEEN there thru pics & stories & seasons coming & going.... Love the 'rust-ic-ness' of your card, too....the numbers look fab....wishing the joint project managers a smooth as ride as possible on this one:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the card, but DO HATE that you are leaving the "hood".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie I bet your an awesome neighbor to have. What a fantastic card. You're so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely card to give to the new owners.. and all the best with your sale.. the photo looks lovely so I am sure someone will come along very soon and want to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is a lovely card, and I wish you well with your house sale and moving to a new area, and finding new lovely neighbours and friends, and hope your kids resettle easily, Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lot of detail in this card, its very nice! Chauntelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! You are awesome! Good luck with the move! And the sale of your house....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!