Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rainbow Dyed Vintage Doily


Just popping in to show you my dyed doily project!

That is where I got the paper to make my scrapbook page from Tuesday!

It's not hard at all to do if you have stamp pads in various colors and some clear spritz. 

It's more like controlled tie dye!

And to make it color fast, I sprayed it with clear acrylic and sprinkled glitter on it.

The glitter just adds to the fun!

They have a whole basket of doilies at the second hand store and it happened to be the one I picked to use was a little stained up, so this alteration hides that!

I am going to gift this to a friend for use in her projects! Wonder what she'll come up with!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and what a great way to give new life to stained doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful.. and I love the thift stores for this sort of thing.. if they are ripped or stained it adds to the character...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing goes without glitter in your home, does it?? LOL. Speaking of. Spent $4 on this wrapping paper that my DD had to have for her boyfriend and it was pure freaking glitter paper. She opened it up and I swear it took several minutes for the room to clear of floating sprinkles....EVERYWHERE. I'll be vacuuming glitter out of this house for the next 30 mortgage payments!!! P.s...it's located at Walmart. Just an FYI..if you haven't already sniffed it out yet.... Your doily is way, way, groovy!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!