Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Be Still: Narnia Inspired Box of Gems
























Finally got my WHOLE project mostly completed for Linda's Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge. The sponsor of the challenge is her on-line totally awesome store The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I think I've been working on this project for longer than a month!


Here is a close up! You can see that the Gingerbread Man Gem has the top on it still. I wanted to show you that I'll be displaying it that way. It's easier without the little glass tops to take a photo though.

Of course, it would also be way easier if it wasn't also snowing outside to take a photo, but we've not had many days of that this winter so far!


























Here is the little center ornament popped up from the bottom of the box with some reused dragon dominoes. The lion button I've been hoarding for a very long time, so I was glad to use it to represent Aslan from the Narnia Books.

Linda's Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge also includes a bonus round. I really wanted to include this brown peace badge in one of these little gems. It made me happy.

Can you see it there on the bottom?

Here was my inspiration.


I used the brown in the branch, gold on the top and the stars to inspire the itty bitty little star I placed on North America.

She has a second bonus tag to come, so I'll be changing out the last little gem to comply with her challenge!

Hope your New Years Eve is or was fantastic!

The New Year is knocking on our door


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous & amazing & so, soooo creative. Love every bit & it's SUCH a work of art. Asian is my fave bit.....the Scene on the other side is pretty neat, too.you really had a vision with this one, didn't you??!!!!:):):):)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing and so fun to look at! I've seen something new every time I scrolled back up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a feast for the eyes, so much detail and so so wonderful!!!!♥

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!