Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ottawa Page and Sketchabilities #58

 A great way to get a page done quick is by using a sketch. This one has  A LOT going on, so subsequently makes me happy. Yes, I like clutter, on my page. In my house, not so much.




























Want to play along? Check out the Sketchabilities Blog! They have a super amazing DT and ALWAYS have the most awesome sketches!

I am pretty excited about this layout over all. I managed to recycle a few things for this page. When we went to Ottawa, and stayed at the Delta Hotel, they had these paper coasters with their hotel name on them that were just going to get thrown away. I sprayed those up with some glimmermist and also, right behind the fussy cut rose from Glitz Design, there is a top of a cool whip container that got a treatment of gesso and also more glimmermist.

Then there was the little dress form. Do you remember me talking about wearing a new black dress during this trip on an earlier post? I found this little dress form from Tink and wanted to use it. AND, I know, silly me, I dressed her up! Well, I didn't KNOW that was what these little dress forms were for until I spotted someone else dressing one up. I DID not want to get left out. Fun is fun. I highly recommend making one pretty.

And, these sketches are AMAZING for scrap usage! Love it! The one gray piece with a leaf design is actually a piece of paper I made myself! I loved the colors used in the room (trying to recapture that here with these colors) and the wall paper was really pretty. So I took a photo and printed some paper for this page.

More scraps got used up in the making of these leaves. Got a new die from Spellbinders and I have been making leaves & foliage like crazy. I know it seems odd to buy a die when I have a Silhouette but I love my Big Shot. I really really do. I think it's the crunching noise it makes and then it spits out something lovely.




































Here is a photo of more foliage and also the cutie pie gold element I added to the top of our photo. Sigh. I love those. The gold matches the gold on the Perrier bottle that came on a tray from ROOM SERVICE for free! Yes, free. They were so sad we were sad about our room that they sent us something yummy on a tray all fancy smancy and told us we had a free movie. What did we watch? What ROMANTIC movie did watch? Oh, Transformers III, don't get me started on how mad I am that Megan Fox wasn't in this one. 


I think that a girl shouldn't be helpless against huge scary robots. Just sayin'!



The letters are making me happy too. Cork from Close to My Heart. I really try to stretch the sticker budget and look and see what I have that is 3D before I cut with my cutter. Oh, and I used a wee bit of  Smooch
on these and I love how they came out!


Thanks for taking a quick peak and as always, please let me know if you have any questions on how I may have done something. Those comments make my day!!


































































4 comments:

  1. Wow this page is too beautiful & the photos are so lovely too!! That's the first time I got a good squizz at your man - he has a kind face :) Thanks so much for playing along at Sketchabilities - woo hoo!! (So stoked you entered...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along with SA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.. what a wonderful wonderful take on that sketch!! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and all the circled photos :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!