Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries






There are some challenges I always try to do because I enjoy their blog and the results of the contest. On this page I played along with Bird is the Word, a blog I always enjoy. The Word for this challenge this time 'round is Life! If you want to check it out, click here! I had to look up the quote. I had heard it so many different ways and wanted to see what it was really about. Turns out it was a song in the 1930's. Here is a link to the info I used for my journalling.


I also played along with a challenge from The Paper Variety Blog which was to add fruity items to your page. To check it out, click here!


I haven't ever played along with their stuff, but I sure enjoy checking out their blog. I sure enjoyed pulling out this cherry paper from Close to My Heart since it's been in my stash for quite a while.

I am all proud of myself. I used up some Close to My Heart flowers I've had in my stash forever, found that grape vine stick for my butterfly in my card (see? more stuff that follows the fruit theme) and the leaves were ones I got on sale! All fun stuff!


Happy Tuesday!










11 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeee that photo, the flower and the butterfly! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This LO is divine! Love the die cut paper and the flower is totally gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice layout!! I love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Lo!
    So glad you added your name to my blog love giveaway, you are exactly what I was after!! looking forward to seeing more of your work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a Gorgeous LO & a Awesome Title...... Glad to see you playing along over @ BITW!! & hope you'll join in again...
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the awesome comments!It really makes me feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi love... I tried to leave you a comment on your latest lo for Sketchy Thursdays... but I can't click on the comments section :( Anyhoo... I loveeeeee the photos and the flowers! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mitralee this is just beautiful! Love it!! Thanks for playing at Bird is the Word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - this page is gorgeous! As much as I love the paper, I'd never have known how to use it. Thanks for dropping in to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the cherries and your lovely embellies!Thanks for playing at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page Mitralee.. love the colours and your beautiful handmade flower!! Thanks for joining in at BITW :))

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!